Fullwell Cross, Barkingside, IG6 - State Cinema
The State cinema was built by famous cinema architect George Coles and opened in October 1938 with a seating capacity of nearly 2,200. In 1940 it suffered some bomb damage and was closed down and requisitioned by the Government War Office to be used as a store house for the remainder of the war.
After the war it reopened as the ABC then in 1978 became the Ace cinema in August 1984 it closed its doors for the last time. The stall area is currently used for bingo but the remainder of the cinema is all still there in its disused dusty glory and according to Lee Unwin (who took the interior pics) there is local talk of the cinema reopening one day.